Who owns Alfa Romeo? Where is Alfa Romeo from? How much does alfa romeo cost? These are the questions many people ask daily. Well, you will get these answers today. In this article, we will read all about Alfa Romeo. However, in brief, the company Who Owns Alfa Romeo is Stellantis. From Who Owns Alfa Romeo to Interesting Facts about Alfa Romeo, we will read major key points that you should know about Alfa Romeo. So without further ado, Let’s dive deep into the topic.
What is Alfa Romeo?
- Alfa Romeo Automobiles is an Italian premium car manufacturer and a subsidiary of Stellantis. The company was founded on 24 June 1910, in Milan, Italy.
- 24 June 1910. In Milan a new company is founded with the name of A.L.F.A. (Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili). After some time, Neapolitan entrepreneur Nicola Romeo takes over the company and changes its name to Alfa Romeo.
Who Owns Alfa Romeo Explained – History of Alfa Romeo
- At The end of the nineteenth century Europe found a fresh idea of transportation. Carriages are no longer driven by coachmen and horses were driven by combustion engines, and controlled by an instrument wheel.
- However, In 1899, in Turin the Ceirano & Co. Limited Partnership constructed the Welleyes which was a small, two-cylinder automobile created by Aristide Faccioli, and manufactured in the hands of Giovanni Battista Ceirano. Ceirano and Faccioli collaborated with seven aristocrats and businessmen including the cavalier Giovanni Agnelli, in creating a company that could manufacture the car on a large scale.
- On the 11th July 1899, at Palazzo Bricherasio in Turin the Societa Anonima Fabbrica Italiana di Automobili – Torino was established which was later simplified to Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino. Known by all as FIAT.
- The new company was absorbed by Ceirano’s firm and, in 1900, the first factory was opened located in Corso Dante. With a staff of around 30 employees, the first model to be created is the model with 3 1/2 horsepower and was known as Alfa Romeo.
Key Points in Development of Alfa Romeo – A detailed answer to Owner of Alfa Romeo
- Firstly, The initial factory of A.L.F.A. was initially part of Societa anonima italiana Darracq (SAID), established in the year 1906, through the French automobile company that was headed by Alexandre Darracq along with a few Italian investors. One of the investors, Cavaliere Ugo Stella, an Aristocrat from Milan who was president of SAID in 1909.
- Similarly, The company’s first site was Naples however, after the development of the factory had begun, Darracq decided late in 1906 that Milan would be better suited and so a large tract of land was bought located in The Milan neighborhood of Portello which was where a brand new factory measuring 6,700 square meters (8,000 sq . yd.) was built. In the latter part of 1909, Italian Darracq automobiles were not selling as well as the firm was shut up.
Story of Alfa Romeo Continues
- Consequently, Ugo Stella, along with co-investors from the Italian co-investors, formed an entirely new company called A.L.F.A. (Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili) which purchased all the properties of Italian Darracq which was destined to dissolution.
- The first automobile made by A.L.F.A. is the 1909 24HP developed by Giuseppe Merosi, hired in 1909 to design new vehicles better suited to market requirements in the Italian market.
- Merosi would later create a range of brand new A.L.F.A. automobiles, featuring stronger engines like those with 40-60HP. A.L.F.A. was the first to venture into motor racing and had the drivers Franchini and Ronzoni racing during the race of the year 1911 Targa Florio with two 24-hp versions.
- In 1914, a new Grand Prix car was designed and constructed with it was the GP1914 one, which featured four cylinders, two overhead camshafts, four valves for each cylinder with two ignitions.
- But the outbreak in the First World War stopped the production of automobiles at A.L.F.A.. This was during the period of 3 years.
A brief intro to Stellantis – A Car Manufacturing Company that owns Alfa Romeo
- Stellantis N.V. is a multinational car manufacturing firm based in the Netherlands that was created in 2021 as a result of a 50-50 cross-border merger between the Italian-American giant Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and the French PSA Group. The headquarters of the firm are in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- After Volkswagen Group, Toyota, the Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance, General Motors, and Hyundai Motor Group, Stellantis is the world’s sixth-largest carmaker.
- The merger was adopted by the shareholders of FCA and PSA on 4 January 2021 and the transaction was concluded on 16 January 2021. On 18 January, 2021, common shares in the new enterprise began to trade on the Milan Stock Exchange (MTA) and Euronext Paris, and on 19 January 2021, in each event under the “STLA” ticker symbol, on the New York Stock Exchange.
Interesting facts about Alfa Romeo
Alfa Romeo Stellantis is an Italian luxury car manufacturer. Alfa Romeo was founded in 1913 by Giovanni Agnelli. Initially, Alfa produced a type of automobile called Berlinetta Lusso. But later, it was renamed to 6C. A car with an aluminium body, it was produced from 1927 to 1929. A total of 1,389 Berlinetta Lusso were manufactured. Out of these only 182 of them were race versions.
Also Read: Top 10 Cars to Buy Under Rs. 10 Lakh
In 2014, the market research firm Ipsos found that the Italians preferred blue vehicles. Alfa Romeo is a name that seems to suit a dark blue paint. Hence, there is a popular theory that the paint colour is blue because of the name of the car and since it is usually painted in blues, the theory goes that blue is the colour associated with Alfa Romeo.
To conclude who owns alfa romeo the answer is Stellantis. Stellantis is the new company formed in 2021 and Alfa Romeo is set to grow in the future. It is a luxury brand and the brand is known for sport-oriented vehicles. Moreover, Alfa Romeo stands out in a world of conformity, be it the unique grille, an eye-catching badge, or an amazing engine. Alfa Romeos has an exceptionally distinctive design language and the cars are meant to give priority to hard-to-quantify components. Jean-Philippe Imparato is the present CEO of Alfa Romeo. Lastly, He is a member of Stellantis’ Top Executive Team in January 2021. He has built a 30-year career path at Groupe PSA, mainly focused on sales, quality and retail activities.
Our blog itsknows tells you who owns what so that it may help you in increasing your awareness and general knowledge.
Read our another blog at –
Want to buy Alfa Romeo Cars? Visit the official website here – Alfa Romeo: passion for driving and technology to the top